Sunday, September 03, 2006

The best of two worlds

As some of you might recall i spoiled myself with a trip to my hometown Kirkenes a week ago.
This to see if people still held on despite the fact that the summer didn`t showed up this year, (it`s like it some time just don`t bother going up there), and to pick up some books that i read and haven`t read since last time i studied christianity, but above all to go to our cottage.
Going to the cottage actually includes a lot of going, it`s 5km so it takes about an hour to get there, all the way up you can see the car and the road getting smaller and smaller behind you till you climb the last mountain and lose site of civilisation and stair in to this;



Since we; me and my dad, were only staying there for to days we went fishing the moment we finished our coffee, i caught one fish, but i gave me one hell of a battle, then we made more coffee and sat around the fire enjoying what turned out to be a rather warm day.



Back in the cottage we made dinner, have a beer and some more coffee this time with cognac, lit some oil lamps and listned to the radio (no tv, or electricity)

Next morning i went out to gather some blueberries for our breakfast.










After breakfast i just sat down drinking more coffee while my dad did what most dads from the north of norway do whene thay are at their cottages;. fix stuff.

Then it was farwell for this time, next year you can all join, and Lilly can bring Alan.



Back home (still in kirkenes) i unpacked some stuff and found my favorite alarmclock, vintage of course. Had to add it to make this the feelgood post of the year here at Farmacia,

your truly,

W


1 comment:

Lilly said...

That's got to be the funkiest alarm clock I've EVER seen!! :-D Glad to hear you had a nice wee break with your old man. Sorry about the late reply to this post -- and your very sweet invitation :-) It's greatly appreciated and I think I've said this before: I am not deliberately ignoring you. Just too f**king busy here.