Thursday, October 26, 2006

I hate to be the one to tell you this...

...but, there is only ten Sundays left of 2006,
some might say that its best that way due to the fact that Sunday is one of the most charged in our 7 days week together with Monday and of course Friday.
so to make the next ten Sundays something special i´ve decided to start a countdown, but not only a Sunday countdown but also a countdown from 10-1 of my favorite albums of all time,
you see i´m a list kind of guy, i love making lists, but the hardest one is the one i will present to you dear readers the next ten Sundays.

Albums have always been a mystery to me and my friends causing more than one ill tempered discussion, what is a great album, what makes a album seem whole, what dose not,
is it the songs or is it the substance of the whole work, the issues are many and i hereby invite you to comment on this as we´re getting closer and closer to No 1.

as much as i like making lists, i enjoy reading them as well, so do feel free to post similar lists at you own blogs,

i will of course post other things too during the rest of the year, but every Sunday will be presenting a new album from my list of HERR W ALL TIME FAVORITE ALBUMS.

enjoy,

see you next Sunday,

your

HR. W

1 comment:

Reeta said...

Nice to know that there is also someone else who loves to make lists. Some of my friends think that I should go and try to find some help because of my lists-making-addiction...

(You have probably seen High Fidelity-movie, haven't you? ;)

But top 10 all time favourite albums? Can you really do that? Only ten? I can try to think about my top 10, but I'm not promising anything. That's really hard. Maybe top 50 but that would also be difficult...

I think there are great bands and great songs but that's not nearly the same thing than the great album. Great album is the one that you just have to listen over and over again knowing that songs are in exactly right places and there is not sigle one you are not in love with. Some of my favourite bands haven't even ever made great albums. But well, good luck, if you think you can do that ;) I'm really curious...