Friday, February 29, 2008

screw manhattan...


...Berlin is more than we can handle.

went there to see the 2nd Cure concert that week,
first i saw them in Oslo, that was fun though we, me and my sis, was far from the stage, but the sound which everybody complained about was super up under the roof.
they played a hit parade like never before, something like 20 of their 25 singles were preformed,
together with some of the darker tunes they have put out over the years, they played some of the songs that i had hoped for, like Shake dog Shake, 100years, and the big surprise Plainsong,

It was super to see them again, and i had a great time, only thing was that when soaring as high as they did with all the hits there was noway they could get low enough when they were to play the darker song, the gap between "It`s Friday I`m in Love..." and "It doesn`t matter if we all DIE" was too big.

Then Berlin waited, i love that city, most of all its hopelessness.

the concert in Berlin was far better then the one in Oslo, the setlist was more and less the same, but songs like The Kiss, and Drowning Man are unbeatable, i was standing this time, and when the concert started i found my self in happy land, never felt better, NEVER.

P.S.

bored waiting for updates, see the comments, lots of fun.

p.p.s

still bored, check out my links, roomboy is back, and Lilly blogs every now and then.

next time, in march, 1/6 of 08 is gone.

8 comments:

room217 said...

Screw Paris; I need to see Berlin before I die.

Herr W said...

what you need is to see it before the year is over, the building in the picture together with the rest of them in the area are all empty and have been for a while, and now they are blowing them up...

Johannes said...

Gaahh.. Nice to hear you had a good time. Wish I was there.

But there's no Cure for Alta..

Herr W said...

hehe,
i had alta, i had it bad, and there is in deed no cure, so halleluja to that eee i mean amen ;)

Lilly said...

That sounds utterly cracking, Terje -- very pleased to hear you had such a great time, enjoying both The Cure and Berlin. A place I'd absolutely love to go to myself..... one day...I hope!

Update at my place coming soon too. But for now, I really MUST start working! LOL!

Lilly said...

Hey man, did you STAY in Berlin or where are you?

It's not like you to be quiet for THIS long, Terje... ;-)

Herr W said...

pulse :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

soon very soon

Lilly said...

THANK YOU! :-)