Friday, January 26, 2007

oh so long

hei, i have spent some time with Finland,
1)trying to find out if i can live there,
2) if i can learn the languages,
3)if they show football, and
4)if they serve coffee in descent mugs,

4)


room 217 and Lilly! look at the size of my coffee mug!i have learned now, so you don't have to do the same mistake: don't dear a Finn to serve you a "big coffee" i did, i fought and i lost.

3)
the Finns do have some good players like the ones in premier league, their season start in April, and is growing, but is nothing compared to ice hockey, a sport i do not know anything about beyond what the name tells about it.

2)
the language is not related to any languages i know and therefore hard but not impossible to learn, i have started to collect words with three letters ending with "ää" like;
jää - ice
hää- wedding
pää- head
sää - weather
etc.



1)

Finland is good, Helsinki is good, vinyl wise i might consider it better than Oslo, food wise they got better bread, and its cheaper, at least the food, the beer and coffee. and the people... they are ihana!





Good Finnish people here represented by Annsi 8000
now for now






tw

6 comments:

Johannes said...

Sounds good Terje.. I've said it before and I'll say it again: There's something about you and Finland that seems right. So I think you should go. All the way to the Finnish..

By the way (in the ditch), your Gomez is playing here in March, so I'm thinking about going. Wanna come join me?

Reeta said...

:-)

I totally agree. With everything.

We do have enough coffee for you to drink here. We do have something like football too, I'm sure. (I couldn't care less, but I promise to find you a game every now and then :-) And your Finnish is already so good that it won't take you long to learn rest of it too.

And I also agree with Johannes. Finland suits you, Terje! ;-)

And Johannes, I hope you are having good time! It was very nice to meet you in Oslo!

Herr W said...

kiitos johannes,
i was just going to ask you if there is a sofa i can crash on in march, i would love to come there to see gomez,

so finland suits me, hehe,

Lilly said...

Hej Terje!

I see we share an obsession with the Finns too! Mine culminated about 9 years ago -- I was so obsessed and was pretty close to leaving on my own to go to Finland and explore...but I never got my arse in gear! I've still never been to Finland. Perhaps one day.

And I agree with you in terms of their language: it is so fascinating and unusual -- nothing like the Germanic deriviates that we all speak in the rest of Europe [well, most of the 'old' EU countries anyway].

But holy crap: THAT is a coffee challenge I'd love try -- oh oh yeah! :-D

näyrde von göbbels said...

and if you didn't have rye bread try it next time, not "vaasan ruispalat",it's shite, but Reeta or Venla can bring you good old stuff from Joensuu. For example "Immosen leipä" is very good.

Herr W said...

sounds great,
i will have them do that, the norwegian bread is a joke compaired to finnish and danish bread,