Friday, July 28, 2006

Weapon of Choice

I do not usually take night shifts, I`m a day kind of person, but when I do I like to choose my weapons with care,
so now that I have wiped the floors at the speed of lightning, I`m all to my self only entertained by the sound of the rain poring down outside, nice visits by the local hedgehog to which I give water and only water (feel free to bust the myth about not give milk to hedgehogs), and the music and books I have brought. And since I of some strange reason brought enough music and books to survive a year on a deserted island I can`t help sharing it with you dare friends.

First out on my playlist is the new Primal Scream album "Riot City Blues", later I`m looking forward to the new Gomez CD "How We Operate", Morphins 1993 classic "Cure for pain" the Norwegian folkmusic trio Tindras debut "Lukkeleg Vakning", and Rufus Wainwright self titled debut from 98.

And while listening to this, ironically enough I don`t like to listen to music while reading, I`ll have a look on Per R. Moes "Marcel Proust- Life and Works", I`ve read the first tree book of his "A La Recher Du Temps Perdu", and thought it was time to take a look at the author.
The novel of the summer is yet again "The Master and Margarita" by Mikhail Bulgakov, i love my paperback edition from Vintage Classics.

Due to the fact that it`s beyond bedtime for my brain, I find it rather funny that the last two books I`ve brought for this night shift is "Hermeneutic an Anthology on Understanding", and Schopenhauers "Der Welt als Wille und Vorstellung".

So "Put another log on the fire for me"- David Bowie

Till next time,

yours,

Herr W

3 comments:

Lilly said...

Hep hey! Since you've written your post in English, I feel that I should comment in English too.....

Here we go:

Funny you should mention A La Recher Du Temps Perdu -- I've had SO MANY intentions as regards reading this big bastard of a book! But I still haven't gotten 'round to it....should I? [Of course I should!]

I like reading too -- though it's something I've not been good at doing since I finished my degree. I am hoping it's just a phase. Anyway -- music and reading: like you, I don't feel that they go togther. I love both but can only do one of the two things at the time!

Hedgehogs: no milk. I am not going to try to bust this myth though I am crazy about the Discovery show MythBusters!

Herr W said...

you should, at least the first books, and you may start with the second; "Swanns Kjærlighet", this will make you want more; and there you go.
you really feel like you are taking part of something when reading Proust, either you`re waching the aristocracy in rigor mortis, or you`re just reading the best book in the world, knowing that are many more to go.

I`ll keep feeding that Hedgdehog everything but milk till someone vare to bust the myth.

Lilly said...

Tak for rådet -- jeg vil seriøst forsøge at presse mig selv til at komme igang med hans værker....de har trods alt stået på listen over 'must reads' i nogle år.....